Oslo Climate & Temperature
- Oslo, Norway is at 59°56'N, 10°43'E, 97 m (317 ft). See map.
- Oslo has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Oslo is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 5.7 degrees Celsius (42.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 20.7 °C (37.3°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype semicontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -1°C (30.2°F) on average falling to -6°C (21.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 10°C (50°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 1°C (33.8°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 21°C (69.8°F) and average low temperatures are 11.7°C (53°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 9.3°C (48.8°F) during the day and lows of 3.3°C (38°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 763 mm (30 inches) which is equivalent to 763 Litres/m² (18.71 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1632 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Oslo you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Macquarie Island, Australia where you would find a Tundra climate.
Oslo Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Oslo Climate Graph in Metric Units
Oslo Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Oslo, Norway Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Vagamo, Oppland, Norway - 231.2 kms (143.7 miles) NNW
- Fannaråki/ Fanaråken, Sogn Og Fjordane, Norway - 232.7 kms (144.6 miles) NW
- Lillehammer, Norway - 127.5 kms (79.3 miles) N
- Lærdal, Western Norway, Norway - 215.3 kms (133.8 miles) NW
- Geilo, Norway - 153 kms (95.1 miles) WNW
- Bergen, Norway - 303.1 kms (188.3 miles) WNW
- Bergen - Florida, Norway - 301.9 kms (187.6 miles) WNW
- Dalen, Telemark, Norway - 162.1 kms (100.7 miles) WSW
- Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway - 310.6 kms (193 miles) WSW
- Kristiansand, Norway - 251.9 kms (156.5 miles) SW
- Tylstrup, Denmark - 310 kms (192.6 miles) S
- Falun, Sweden - 281 kms (174.6 miles) ENE
- Gardermoen, Norway - 35.5 kms (22.1 miles) NE
- Karlstad, Sweden - 156.9 kms (97.5 miles) ESE
- Jönköping, Sweden - 311 kms (193.3 miles) SE
- Goteborg-Save, Sweden - 250.6 kms (155.7 miles) SSE
- Jonkoping A, Sweden - 310.5 kms (193 miles) SE
- Goteborg, Sweden - 258.9 kms (160.9 miles) SSE
- Gothenburg, Sweden - 260 kms (161.5 miles) SSE
- Vesterø, Læsø, Denmark - 297.8 kms (185 miles) S